Saturday, December 20, 2014

#AlbumReview FrankieThaLuckyDog'z Review Of Kevin Gates "Luca Brasi 2: A Gangsta Grillz Special Edition" @LuckyFrankie621

Review #1,423: Kevin Gates "Luca Brasi 2: A Gangsta Grillz Special Edition"

Reviewed on 12.19.2014 (Review #1,423)


Time for ya boy, FrankieThaLuckyDog ta do anotha review… Here, we have a new CD from Kevin GatesLuca Brasi 2: A Gangsta Grillz Special Edition; Bread Winners Association & Atlantic Records, stand up! Even though Kevin Gates claims to not “get tired,” I have to admit that I’m “tired,” right now. When this CD dropped earlier on Monday, I was on Long Island, NY. On Tuesday, I only got two hours of sleep from tha previous night and mainly napped. On Wednesday, I had a seven-hour nap & yesterday, I worked 13 hours (double shift). My work ethic may not “get tired,” but after all these dayz, a cramp in my foot’s muscle, a sore throat, a runny nose, showerin’, and bustin’ my ass at work, I guess it all added up; I can just about breathe and move… But, before I rest, lemme review this and see what Gates has to offer! Start Time: 9:13 PM | End Time: 10:22 PM


Disclaimer: I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! I don’t care how lyrical you are, as long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> ” iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> ” iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it. If you use tha word “swag” frequently, have auto-tune in your vocals, or talk about nothin’ but money and hoes 100,000x (which I consider ‘typical’ topics), I’m not buyin’ it! After I was robbed by two artists who claimed their “money [was] long,” hearin’ about how much you “got money” and anything “money” really bothers me. If you have not done business wit me before, I won’t tolerate “money” talk in tha music!!

© 2014 CD Review (Review #1,423) reviewed on 12.19.2014 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.



01. “Luca Brasi Intro”
Lookin’ forward to hearin’! Big Hurt Tracks iz who produced this… >>> Diggin’ tha aggression in tha beginning of this “intro!” Beat sounds nice and pure, includin’ what you’re spittin’ on tha verse! Great delivery and once again, tha aggression in tha way you’re rappin’ these lyrics’ off tha hook! My Rating: 4.6


02. “I Don’t Get Tired (#IDGT)” Feat. August Alsina
I’m lookin’ forward ta hearin’ this collaboration!! Nic Nac & Mark Kragen on tha production (small print on tha back cover, so it’s kinda hard to read, at times)! >>> This sounds nice wit tha production, and tha hook’s pretty catchy between that raw “#IDGT” delivery vs. tha singin’! Hearin’ you on tha 1st verse and it’s pretty hot; glad you “got six jobs!” I luv how at work, no matter tha pressure, I can handle everything while my manager struggles with patience and stress. LOL @ throwin’ “good grief” at me, earlier today! Like, I know my #’s and details! Anyway, tha 2nd verse sounds great from you, too! Lookin’ forward ta this joint gettin’ buku airplay and some MTV Jams luv! Here we go wit August on tha 3rd verse, comin’ through wit his rap-singin’ flow; sounds pretty nice, as always! Glad he on an “I-don’t-get-tired” level! My Rating: 4.6


03. “John Gotti”
Red On Da Track & Capo Red on tha production, here; leggo!! >>> Really diggin’ tha beat start and how you’re deliverin’ this beginning!! Soundin’ even catchier at :16 wit tha “scriiiiirt” (sp?—car sound), kinda like how Migos do in their new joint, “Hit ‘Em”! Tha hook’s pretty nice; diggin’ tha title part and what you’re spittin’ about! LOL, at :46, when you’re startin’ tha 1st verse off, your voice sounds all froggy like you have a sore throat like me. Honestly, I think it sounds catchy; sounds like you’ve been up for so long on late-night adventures like me! Definitely somethin’ hot, right chea! Seems like you’re just gettin’ betta and betta wit these CDs!! Now, you have a normal voice on tha 2nd verse, comin’ through wit catchy lyrics, once again! Damn, you luv carz, lol! I have to admit: I luv driving! Can’t believe I drove 5,000 miles within these past three months! Finally, I’m gettin’ out there more, instead of promoting that DJ B-Real dude, drivin’ only 50 miles within three months (LMAO @ 100x less!! What a faggot I was!!)! My Rating: 4.4


04. “Perfect Imperfection”
Looks like a nice title! Though I’m not “perfect,” thanx to peeps like DJ B-Real disrespectin’ my value, I do have to admit that I make good attempts at it! Like, 105x in a row I clocked in exactly five minutes early at work! Like, 105x!! Anyway, Red On Da Track & Touchdown on tha production! >>> Beat sounds nice; I’m definitely diggin’ this! Just okay lyrics, so far, on tha 1st verse… This an okay track, but tha beat makes me like it more… Tha hook sounds okay, here… I dunno why, but I’m not that crazy with how you say tha title; kinda sounds cheesy, like, randomly-chosen words… Tha 2nd verse sounds like it has a better attempt at tha lyrics/topic; hmm, not bad… My Rating: 3.8


05. “Plug Daughter”
Okay, let’s see how this catchy title’ll do; it’ll prolly do way better for my rating… We got Beat Zombie on tha beat, here; let’s see…! >>> A nice, 30-second beat intro, here… Tha hook sounds catchier, this time; I’m likin’ this title and that you’re “fuckin’ with tha plug daughter!” It’s kinda like me, how I get high wit this 47-year-old I work with! I mean, a hit every 15 seconds!! You sound pretty good on tha verse, here; gotta luv how you change your voice up, still! My Rating: 4.2


06. “Out The Mud”
The Runners & The Monarch on tha beat, here; neva knew who it was, especially thinkin’ that The Runners would be a part of this beat… Anyway, shout out to MTV Jams for gettin’ this outta nowhere! November 23, I saw it on there; how’d four weeks pass so fast? Startin’ ta get addicted to that hook wit tha, “24 hours, nigga, 7 dayz a week. Me, I don’t get tired…,” line!! Great content and, as always, keep gettin’ “it out tha mud!” Was bumpin’ this when I was high last week, and it sounded immortal, or somethin’, like I was thankful that you blew up, Gates! Nice job wit tha 1st verse with all these lyrics, delivered quickly! Tha 2nd verse’s great wit all this fastness, but really, why so fast? But, gotta luv it!! “I get it out tha mud;” exactly what I did! Now, I have a job, a record label, am tha president of a business, and more!! My Current Rating: 4.7


07. “Thugged Out” Feat. Boobie Black
Neva heard of this featured dude; hope they don’t suck… Rico Love doin’ some production, here, as well as Diego Ave.; let’s see, here… >>> Sounds like it gon be a song fa tha females, like, a slow jam? I dunno, but I’m feelin’ this beat with these sounds, soundin’ like a space jam for tha ladies… LOL @ “I-N-D-E-P-E…” and how you ain’t “have time” to spell it! Okay, nice 1st verse but tha hook’s much catchier; really diggin’ how you deliver that title part, singin’ it!! Tha 2nd verse’s soundin’ good, too; almost surprised at how quickly these verses are ending! It’s like, no room fa filler, here! Here comes that newbie, Boobie Black, on tha 3rd verse… Soundin’ like a much-younger version of David Banner with tha voice, here. Don’t see much about this dude online, though I know you’ve IG’d about him, before… Anyway, that wasn’t bad for a verse; keep it goin’ for tha future, Mr. Boob, lol! My Rating: 4.3


08. “Sit Down”
A Bobby Johnson beat—oh, tha “OG Bobby Johnson” people; makes sense… Nice that it has 4:20 on tha length! >>> Yeah, this beat sounds a lot like tha “OG Bobby Johnson” format, which gets me excited! Nice track; definitely diggin’ it! Like how you said, “I don’t get tired,” before you started tha 1st verse off! Nice rhymes; lots of continuous lyrics!! You don’t stop; tons of lyrics!! Almost didn’t seem like a transition to tha hook, but tha hook sounds nice, just like tha 1st verse… Tha 2nd verse sounds good, too. Not nearly as catchy as tha 1st verse, but it’s still nice to hear you continuously deliver tha rhymes! My Rating: 4.4


09. “Complaining” Feat. Rico Love
Wasn’t really diggin’ tha previous Rico Love feature from your By Any Means CD. I hope this ain’t a fuck-up… Got him on tha beat, as well as DWayne “D-Town” Nesmith… >>> Sounds like a good start; I’m likin’ your old “I’m A Grinder” / 2009 flow (like, how you said, “Rider”). A decent 1st verse from you, but once again, I’m not diggin’ Rico Love and his voice/lyrics/flow… Of course, he has to throw, “Money,” in tha hook, smfh! Or, as my manager says, “Good grief!!” Makes me wonder, like, “Born in 1982?” I’m six years younger than Rico and I seem smarter with how I’d deliver tha track? I mean, I don’t sing, but I wouldn’t wanna fuck around with my voice… Anyway, tha hook recovered a lil’ when you hopped on it… Hearin’ you on tha 2nd verse and it sounds pretty good. This tha kinda joint where I’d think tha verses would be 16 bars, all boring and everything. However, there’s not many bars like tha other songs… Ooh @ tha beat @ 2:46! Startin’ tha 3rd verse off with an intense, bridge-soundin’ part of tha beat! Really diggin’ it, includin’ tha rest of what you’re spittin’ on tha 3rd verse… Hearin’ tha hook one more time and even though tha lyrics ain’t for me with tha “paper” obsession, it’s not horrible to hear, after all… My Rating: 3.7


½time: Well, guess I ain’t that “tired,” since I made it through half of this CD… So far, pretty hot! An excellent start!! Gates, you’re really providin’ that heat, here!! And, you don’t have to have all these sellout producers/features to make somethin’ hot! I’m glad I don’t know many of tha producers on this CD ‘cause they’re comin’ through with somethin’ different for my ears! At this moment, this CD’s up to a 4.3for tha CD rating! That’s nice for a Gates record! How will it continue?


10. “Talk On Phones”
A B.o.B. beat? Despite me sayin’, “No sellout producers,” at least it’s people I’m not used to producin’! Let’s see what we got, here… >>> Very catchy between tha beat and hook, even though I disagree with this shit! “I don’t talk on phones?” Really, are you autistic, Gates? I’m autistic and I luv to “talk on phones;” how’s that? I thought us autistic people have trouble speakin’, Gates? Nice job wit tha 1st verse, too, Gates! Sounds like anotha potential single! Hope a bunch of these jointz get out there like tha By Any Means jointz! “Amnesia”, “Bet I’m On It”, “Don’t Know”, “Wish I Had It” & “‘Posed To Be In Love”—wow, five jointz made it on my outlets this year from By Any Means! That’s what’s up!! Gotta luv that there’s not that many bars in tha verses, once again!! My Rating: 4.7


11. “Wassup With It”
Kane Beatz, Jmike & Today For The Building Productions on tha beat; what a mouthful, lol! Lookin’ forward ta hearin’ this! >>> Ehh, kinda sounds like one of those Jeezy/southern jointz that sounds kinda mainstream, with tha singin’ on tha hook and tha beat; nothing special… Tha 1st verse’s aight fa me; nothin’ really fa me ta say… Hearin’ tha 2nd verse and it sounds pretty good, this time. I’m likin’ how tha beat loses some of its sounds, makin’ it sound like somethin’ finna end and somethin’ finna start! A 3rdverse, here… It sounds pretty good wit tha “I ain’t neva changin’;” that’s what I’m “neva” doin’! A lady gave me a Christmas card last month and I told her, “I clocked in x amount of dayz in a row five minutes early,” and she was like, “Never change!” My Rating: 3.8


12. “Don’t Panic”
What do we got here? Almost thought it had to do wit French Montana, lol… Earl & Diego Ave. on tha beat, here… >>> Wow, rawer than I expected wit this flow! Nice delivery on tha 1st verse—nice and hyped-up, Gates!! Tha hook’s pretty fiya, too!! “Wahh, wassam!!” Yeah, “Fuck bein’ friendly, nigga, say what’s on ya mind!” My manager shared a pic yesterday that had ta do wit that! And, I must agree: It’s all about talkin’ outta ya ass! I know DJ B-Real’s very vulnerable to anyone talkin’ outta they ass ‘cause most people that I deal with have to ‘hide’ somethin’. Meanwhile, I let everythang show!! Tha 3rd verse sounds nice, too; still luvin’ these eight-bar verses!! My Rating: 4.3


13. “Break The Bitch Down” Feat. K Camp
The Freshm3n III & Go Grizzly on tha beat! Lookin’ forward ta hearin’ this potential hit!! >>> Yeah, nice start wit tha beat and K Camp holdin’ down tha hooks! He’s like a master on today’s southern hooks; gotta luv him! Hearin’ you on tha 1st verse and it sounds nice; great-soundin’ club joint wit a lil’ bit of a mainstream vibe that I like! Diggin’ when tha beat gets fast on tha final four bars of tha verse! Tha 2ndverse sounds pretty good; nice job once again, Gates! Got you on tha 3rd verse, too, Gates, bringin’ up an “iguana,” too, at 2:18, lol! Great job wit tha delivery of tha verse once again, Gates!! My Rating: 4.4


14. “In My Feelings”
P-Lo of The Invasion & Mark Milan, Jr. on tha beat, here; what do we got here? >>> A lil’ slower… Sounds like some real content, here, though more than eight bars on tha 1st verse! Not really intended for this joint vs. all tha otha ones… Ahh, 16 bars? Don’t bore me, now, lol… Singin’ on tha hook… Almost was gonna junk this, but I think this iz nice and seductive; great for tha R&B outlets and tha beds, lol? Funny ‘cause it’s now tha 10:00 PM hour and I’d always think of tha slow jamz comin’ on tha radio at 10, back when I’d listen to tha radio in 2002. Hearin’ tha 2nd verse and it sounds pretty good, too; likin’ it betta than tha 1stverse, and I’m diggin’ how tha beat stresses out with more of an intense sound, for a few bars! Nice warped-soundin’ beat outro, too! My Rating: 3.9


15. “Pourin’ The Syrup”
Yes, a song about gettin’ fucked up!! Jaque Beats doin’ tha beat, here! >>> Beat intro sounds anticipatin’! Nice rhymes on tha 1st verse, Gates; can’t complain! Ooh @ tha beat gettin’ more intense @ :49! Sounds good for a spooky film with this beat, between :49 – 1:04? Tha hook sounds nice, includin’ those sound effects of “pourin’,” lol! Tha 2nd verse sounds nice; keep these rhymes comin’ fa tha streetz! And, you just keep goin’, and goin’, and goin’, and goin’…, and goin’…, and…goin’…, and goin’, and goin’, and goin’, and goin’!! LOL! Overall, this was pretty nice for a song about gettin’ fucked up! My Rating: 4.2


16. “Wild Ride”
Deezy & Prezident Jeff on tha beat, here… >>> Startin’ off wit a hook-singin’ Gates, here; you soundin’ either really fucked up, or tryna pull an act or somethin’, with how you’re stressin’ some of tha singin’ out, lol… I have to say, tha hook’s a lil’ weird, but it ain’t bad… Tha 1st verse sounds regular; diggin’ your street content. Nice how you randomly described your “balls” and shit, here, lettin’ ‘em know how deep you be makin’ ‘em go, lol… Tha 2nd verse sounds like this story’s continuin’ nicely, lol! You really depictin’ this sex scene, Gates, lol! My Rating: 3.6


17. “Word Around Town” Feat. Rich Homie Quan
A jackpot feature, here!! Produced by The Featherstones, I’m lookin’ forward ta hearin’ this one, most definitely!! >>> Feelin’ tha beat start and how Quan does his thang on tha hook! Back last year, I thought Quan sounded like you and now, finally, y’all collaboratin’!! A dream come true!! Beat’s pretty nice, overall, and you’re doin’ a nice job on tha 1st verse! Yeah, Gates, get ‘em! Let ‘em know how tha streets really roll! Once again, gotta luv Quan’s delivery on tha hook, as always! He neva disappoints and you gotta fiend fa dat fuckin’ voice!!! Tha 2nd verse from you’s soundin’ good, too! Nice job, overall, Gates! Quick and addicting; gotta luv your 180-seconds-or-less jointz! My Rating: 4.5


18. “Makin’ Love”
Beat Zombie endin’ this production off; let’s see if this gon be a good ending song…? >>> Wow @ tha beat start; luvin’ tha beat sounds, but I dunno if this gon keep my interest up, with this content! Let’s see… Sounds like you’re garglin’ in tha beginning of tha 1st verse with your voice, again… I dunno if I can take this delivery too serious; sounds like it’s all ova tha place… Tha hook sounds okay; didn’t quite catch tha transition to it, but let’s move on… Tha 2nd verse sounds good; sounds like Beat Zombie’s makin’ a nice effort with tha beat, still… Fast rhymes on tha 2nd verse, soundin’ a lil’ random. Gotta lol for a quick second at 2:17, where you talk about your “son,” whose name’s “Tyler;” iz it really? I had a friend that was “Tyler” from earlier this year, and he randomly ditched me. Like, it still bothers me to this day… It’s bad enough that 10:14 PM just passed (his birthday’s 10/14). Anyway, this turned out to be pretty good, overall… LOL @ tha lil’ outro, too; “skiiirt!” My Rating: 4.0


Overall: For startin’ off tired and fucked up, this CD definitely kept me up!! Really diggin’ that you had most tracks with eight-bar verses, Gates! Lots of good shit on here; your chemistry on creatin’ such catchy tracks, between street-driven lyrics, ear-catchin’ production, and kick-ass features, for tha most part!! Definitely a nice effort; hope you continue and always remember: #DGT!! I throw your saying out there at work and people laugh, in a good way; they luv my consistency and immortal energy!!


Rankings:

18.       “Wild Ride” 3.6
17.       “Complaining” Feat. Rico Love 3.7
16.       “Perfect Imperfection” 3.8
15.       “Wassup With It” 3.8
14.       “In My Feelings” 3.9
13.       “Makin’ Love” 4.0
12.       “Pourin’ The Syrup” 4.2
11.        “Plug Daughter” 4.2
10.       “Don’t Panic” 4.3
09.       “Thugged Out” Feat. Boobie Black 4.3
08.       “John Gotti” 4.4
07.       “Break The Bitch Down” Feat. K Camp 4.4
06.       “Sit Down” 4.4
05.       “Word Around Town” Feat. Rich Homie Quan 4.5
04.       “Luca Brasi Intro” 4.6
03.    “I Don’t Get Tired (#IDGT)” Feat. August Alsina 4.6
02.    “Talk On Phones” 4.7
01.    “Out The Mud” 4.7


Average CD Rating Review:

Total Score:                      76.1
Total Songs:                      / 18
-----------------------------------
Average CD Rating:       4.2

1 comment: