Thursday, October 9, 2014

Thirty86 Exclusive Interview: Pepperboy Little Rock, AR


Keeping our ear sharp to the rising talent across the country, we came across this unique artist, Pepper Boy! Hailing from Little Rock, Arkansas, Pepper Boy is the definition of “real.” With a no-frills lyrical style, he is perhaps best known for the sincerity in his tone and the intensely personal nature of his music.
His latest mix tape, “Days of Grace,” has garnered critical acclaim even catching the attention of hip-hop heavyweight, Lil B, who rapped over his 2010 song, “Tha Parts”. Pepper Boy tirelessly works to perfect his craft while still finding time to make his activist voice heard–as both a musician and a philanthropist.
We caught up with Pepper to ask a few questions about his journey as an artist and what's to come! Check it out below along with his latest video!


1. Talk to us a little bit about where you're from, your upbringing, and influences that push you to make the type of music that you make.  
Born and raised ..in central little rock..thats like the middle of the city..right in the Heart of it-----my upbringing was normal family life until I hit junior high school; thats when street life kinda started for me---- my influence on my music is basically me going thru stages of life..at first I was more into gansta rap shooter up bang bang..and as I got older the music would SLOWLY turn positive at times.

2. Explain to us how the Lil B cover came about, how you felt, and what you were thinking when it happened.
The Lil B situation came from him hearing my music and becoming a fan...it made me feel good and iT was A HUGE SURPRISE..i never knew he was checking me out..plus he used one of my beats..i was happy and amazed!!

3. With all that you've accomplished, what do you think holds you back from getting that massive recognition you deserve?
Idk man..I make beautiful, positive, and rare music..no one has broke out from my city yet..its confusing some times..but I don't let it get me down..I stay making records for my fans..;sum times I think the industry afraid to take a chance wit me and my state.

4. Talk a little bit about how your subject matter and everything else that separates you from other artist.
My subject matter is real life situations music…..I rap about educational things,streets stuff, positive stuff, I make motivational music; you just gotta listen to me..its a different sound all around.

5. What else would you like to say to your supporters about what you have coming soon and what to expect from Pepper Boy!
I just wanna tell everybody to stay outta trouble and keep supporting me!!!

Here's Pepper Boy's latest video "Lost Soulja" 

Tora Tora Tora by Pepperboy

No comments:

Post a Comment